School is back in session and that means it’s time to get up to date on some of your transportation basics. Moving the kids back and forth to school and their activities, or your teenagers transportation, safety is always a primary concern.
TOP 3 AUTOCARE CHECKS
- Car Battery – No one likes the feeling of heading out the door and then suddenly realizing your car won’t start. A battery check is simple and easy. Summer heat does a lot of damage to every car battery on the road. The life of a battery is only 3-5 years depending on weather and driving conditions. A battery check can reduce your surprises.
- Brake Inspection – Brakes are your frontline defense for safe driving. With a brake inspection you can learn a) the condition of your brake fluid b) how much life is left on your pads c) how soon your rotors may need to be replaced or machined. Of course, if you are experiencing braking issues like soft/un-responsive brakes, reduced stopping power, noises while braking or choppy, stop-and-go brake response, you should schedule a repair immediately.
- AC Service – Summer temperatures are going to be with us for a while longer. It is a good idea to have your AC serviced every year to make sure your freon is at the right level and everything is functioning properly. Keep your cool with an AC service.
Dearholt AutoCare is your back-back-to-school operations center. Keep your vehicle performance at the top of its class with routine maintenance and care.
Congratulations to Felipe Marquez, he was the winner of the Traeger Grill
Runners up who received a FREE Oil Change:
Celebrating Father’s Day All Month – This Father’s Day, we are making Dad a Grill Master whether he has skills or not! Every time you complete a repair or service at Dearholt AutoCare, we will automatically enter you to win a Tailgating Grill from Traeger. These awesome little portable grills have wood pellet smoke function that will add authentic grill master flavor to everything you cook. The more services we provide, the more entries you will automatically receive.* You can also enter by liking our post on Facebook, or visiting the shop to fill out a form. Runners up will receive a no cost standard oil change. No purchase is necessary. See shop for details.
Why total alignment?
- Reduce Tire Wear – Improper alignment is a major cause of premature tire wear. Over the years, a properly aligned vehicle can add thousands of miles to tire life. Many tire are replaced prematurely du to adverse wear.
- Better Gas Mileage – Gas mileage improves as rolling resistance is minimized. Total alignment sets all four tires parallel, which along with proper inflation, minimizes rolling resistance.
- Improved Handling – Does your car pull to one side? Do you have to turn the steering wheel to keep your car traveling straight ahead? Many handling problems can be corrected with an alignment service.
- Safer driving – A suspension system inspection is part of the alignment procedure. This allows worn parts to be detected before they fail and cause costly problems.
Our shop uses four precision cameras to measure the position and orientation of targets mounted on each wheel of your car.
The aligner uses this information to calculate your car’s current alignment measurements and then compares these measurements to the manufacturer’s OEM alignment specifications. Schedule your alignment check today.
Fall is here and there are some important maintenance tasks that you need to do on your vehicle. As the seasons change, weather can effect the performance of your vehicle. Some of the basics you should pay attention to include:
- Battery Check. Summer heat is usually the cause of battery damage, but you may not realize it until it is too late. Get your battery checked as part of the season change.
- Windshield Wipers. The dry summer may have zapped the life out of your wiper blades, get them checked and replaced before a surprise autumn storm makes you realize how bad they are.
- Tire Pressure Check. You tire pressure goes down because cold air is more condensed. For every 10 degree drop in temperature, your tires go down by one pound of pressure. (1 PSI)
Get these items checked and more during your next maintenance visit to Dearholt AutoCare. Call us today to schedule your next service.
BRAKE FLUID FLUSH
Why do I need a Brake Fluid Service?
This two stage service consists of 1) Vacuum Flush to remove contaminated fluid 2) Brake bleed assures fluid is free of moisture and air.
Did you know?
Brake fluid naturally absorbs moisture and that moisture is a leading cause in brake failures. Additional moisture will reduce the boiling point and may cause your brakes to become sluggish or non-responsive.
Most manufacturers recommend changing your brake fluid about every 30,000 miles — approximately every two years. DON’T OPEN THE BRAKE FLUID CAP! Introduction of dirt and additional moisture can happen easily if you are not careful. The reservoir should be transparent so you can see how dirty the fluid is just by looking. But fluid color is not the only indicator and you may not be able to visibly see corrupted fluid.
Some of the benefits of a fluid flush include:
- Extends life of the Brake System
- Better stopping power
- Better power braking
- Decreases braking distance
- Reduces system wear an corrosion
You need to have your engine cooling system flushed occasionally to protect, de-scale and replace your coolant/anti-freeze. This is vital to maintaining quality engine cooling levels and protecting your vehicle from summer heat and winter cold. Over time and extreme temperature, your coolant begins to break down. It begins to leave deposits. If not maintained, the deposits can clog and restrict flow, may plug the radiator or heater core. An overheating event can destroy your engine, crack your head or block. These are expensive repairs that could be avoided with a simple preventative flush service.
- Coolant is extracted.
- Then your system is flushed with our proprietary solution to remove dirt, rust and build up.
- Your system gets flushed of all the impurities and build up and fluids.
- We replace with high quality coolant.