Score BIG savings with NAPA Brakes, the trusted and most dependable brakes available. Before you hit the road, it’s time to stop by your local NAPA AutoCare Center, Dearholt AutoCare, for our biggest Brake Special! Now through June, receive a $50 prepaid Visa card with a qualifying NAPA Brakes purchase of $250 or more. Avoid surprises and stop in to Dearholt AutoCare at 6401 Signal Ave. NE to have your brakes inspected by the professionals at your NAPA AutoCare Center. Great Brakes. Great Price.
Why total alignment?
- Reduce Tire Wear – Improper alignment is a major cause of premature tire wear. Over the years, a properly aligned vehicle can add thousands of miles to tire life. Many tire are replaced prematurely du to adverse wear.
- Better Gas Mileage – Gas mileage improves as rolling resistance is minimized. Total alignment sets all four tires parallel, which along with proper inflation, minimizes rolling resistance.
- Improved Handling – Does your car pull to one side? Do you have to turn the steering wheel to keep your car traveling straight ahead? Many handling problems can be corrected with an alignment service.
- Safer driving – A suspension system inspection is part of the alignment procedure. This allows worn parts to be detected before they fail and cause costly problems.
Our shop uses four precision cameras to measure the position and orientation of targets mounted on each wheel of your car.
The aligner uses this information to calculate your car’s current alignment measurements and then compares these measurements to the manufacturer’s OEM alignment specifications. Schedule your alignment check today.
Fall is here and there are some important maintenance tasks that you need to do on your vehicle. As the seasons change, weather can effect the performance of your vehicle. Some of the basics you should pay attention to include:
- Battery Check. Summer heat is usually the cause of battery damage, but you may not realize it until it is too late. Get your battery checked as part of the season change.
- Windshield Wipers. The dry summer may have zapped the life out of your wiper blades, get them checked and replaced before a surprise autumn storm makes you realize how bad they are.
- Tire Pressure Check. You tire pressure goes down because cold air is more condensed. For every 10 degree drop in temperature, your tires go down by one pound of pressure. (1 PSI)
Get these items checked and more during your next maintenance visit to Dearholt AutoCare. Call us today to schedule your next service.
BRAKE FLUID FLUSH
Why do I need a Brake Fluid Service?
This two stage service consists of 1) Vacuum Flush to remove contaminated fluid 2) Brake bleed assures fluid is free of moisture and air.
Did you know?
Brake fluid naturally absorbs moisture and that moisture is a leading cause in brake failures. Additional moisture will reduce the boiling point and may cause your brakes to become sluggish or non-responsive.
Most manufacturers recommend changing your brake fluid about every 30,000 miles — approximately every two years. DON’T OPEN THE BRAKE FLUID CAP! Introduction of dirt and additional moisture can happen easily if you are not careful. The reservoir should be transparent so you can see how dirty the fluid is just by looking. But fluid color is not the only indicator and you may not be able to visibly see corrupted fluid.
Some of the benefits of a fluid flush include:
- Extends life of the Brake System
- Better stopping power
- Better power braking
- Decreases braking distance
- Reduces system wear an corrosion
Transmission Flush Service
A transmission service is designed to clean the complete inside surface of the transmission. Your transmission gets assaulted by sludge, contaminating grime and varnish that get washed away along with your dirty old fluid. Transmission fluid and conditioner is then added to factory specified levels to protect your transmission into the future.
Why Would I Need This?
The average transmission holds approximately 12 QTS of fluid. A STANDARD fluid replacement service only replaces 40 to 50% of the transmission fluid. Without a flush the remaining fluid is trapped in the torque converter and remains untouched in a drain and replace scenario. You want a complete fluid change, so adding in the flush solves this problem.
- reduces heat and wear caused by friction
- allows smoother shifting
- cleans dirty valves that might stick
- helps conditions seals and gaskets
You need to have your engine cooling system flushed occasionally to protect, de-scale and replace your coolant/anti-freeze. This is vital to maintaining quality engine cooling levels and protecting your vehicle from summer heat and winter cold. Over time and extreme temperature, your coolant begins to break down. It begins to leave deposits. If not maintained, the deposits can clog and restrict flow, may plug the radiator or heater core. An overheating event can destroy your engine, crack your head or block. These are expensive repairs that could be avoided with a simple preventative flush service.
- Coolant is extracted.
- Then your system is flushed with our proprietary solution to remove dirt, rust and build up.
- Your system gets flushed of all the impurities and build up and fluids.
- We replace with high quality coolant.